In the spring of 2021, Jan-Hendrik Burger took a leap. A South African-born lawyer based in Paris, France, he left a top international law firm where he had spent more than 15 years of his career in order to launch the business he had been drawing up for years.
Mere weeks after committing to follow his dream, he founded JHB Consult, an advisory firm that helps project developers and investors in the clean energy, agricultural, and health sectors to successfully navigate the challenges of working in Africa.
Wishing to build a brand strategy aligned with the vision and goals he had set for his new company and wanting to be guided towards its successful implementation, Jan called on Making You Smile.
What we helped the client to achieve
Brand strategy elaboration
- Clarified the company’s goals, both from a business and a social impact perspective
- Defined the brand positioning and targeting precisely by building an effective messaging strategy
- Identified the key distinguishing factors to create an authentic brand story
- Set a strategy to tell the story with consistency across the core brand touchpoints
Visual brand design
- Designer in charge - Eva Ackermann
- Copywriting, design, image selection, and development of the brand website
- Founder’s portrait photoshoot organization and selection
Other marketing tools
- Business card design + printing advice
- Social media page design and copy ideas
- Powerpoint template design
- Key sales pitch ideas